Sunday, December 3, 2006

How to make an animated GIF with pictures

In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to make an animated GIF with some pictures that you already have. First, you have to decide on what images or photos you would like to use to make your slide show. I am going to use the three pictures below of my cat that have been altered in MS Paint.







Now that you have picked out the JPEGs that you want to turn into an animated GIF you are ready for the next step. Go to

www.GifNinja.com

and browse to your three picture files that you have created.

Now select the speed that you would like your images to rotate. I always make my animations on the slower end of the slider bar but it is all up to you. Below are two examples.
Here is a animation on the Slowest Setting.


Here is the sideshow on the Fastest Setting.


And you can adjust it anywhere in between to fit your liking :)

All in all this service is extremely easy to use, it's free and they store your animations for you in case you lose yours. I will also be doing a tutorial on converting video into animations at GifNinja too.

If you found this tutorial useful or have something to add please post a comment. I hope it was helpful.

No comments: