Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The fun of TV shopping...


I bought a new TV this weekend. Actually I bought a new TV and exchanged it for a different brand.

I have just finally finished up a nightmare 1 1/2 year relationship with Apex digital. It's a long story but to keep it short I'll just say their TVs suck and their customer service it 10 times worse.

So me and my wife headed out into the big world to find ourselves a new TV. Circuit City is where we ended up and we bought a Polaroid 32" HDTV LCD. After bringing it home and unwrapping it like a kid at x-mass both the wife and I were very upset with the picture. We hooked it up to cable box with component cables. The picture along with the sound were terrible. I tried to like the TV but for 750$ I just couldn't convince myself that it was worth it.

Once at Circuit City again we found the Magnavox 32" HDTV LCD tv for 50$ more than the Polaroid. Now we have this TV at home and it is a slick machine. The HDTV comes in crisp and clear on the HD channels and looks great on regular TV. It doesn't have trails like the Polaroid did and the sound quality is much better. All in all I'm happy with my purchase of the Magnavox along with the customer service at circuit city. They handled the exchange in a matter of about 2 minutes with no complaints at all.

No comments: